Last Modified August 19, 2016
- What information we collect.
- Why we collect information.
- How we use that information.
Scope and Application
Collection of Information
Information you give us.
When you create an account, you must provide Registration Data, including an email address and password or other authentication. You may provide additional information to enhance your User experience. If you create an account by connecting through another third party service, we may use public information from that connected account to help complete your account with Barfrog.
Information we get from your use of our Service.
We may collect information about the Service that you use and how you use such Service. This information includes:
- Device information: We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number).
- Login information: When you use our Service or view Content, we may collect information (such as page views, protocol, events, browser information and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser).
- Unique application numbers: Certain features or functionality embodied in the Service may include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be collected as you access or use the Service.
- Transaction information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, locations visited, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promo code, we may associate your name with that person.
Local storage: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers: We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit the Service, and this may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device. We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
The policies contained herein apply to all devices that act as internet mediums (e.g. mobile devices, stationary devices, cameras, computers, etc.). Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can also reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, it should be of note that some aspects of the Service may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
- To facilitate access to your information after sign-in
- To remember information so that you do not have to re-enter it the next time you visit the Service
- To provide personalized Content to you and others, which may include online ads and other marketing
- To develop and test new products and features
- To monitor metrics such as number of visitors, traffic and demographic patterns
- To diagnose or fix technology problems
We only share your personal information with other companies or persons in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other vendors or third party services providers for the purpose of processing personal information and providing analytics on our behalf.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce the Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our Service, its Users or the public as required or permitted by law.
User Content you Post to the Service, such as comments or reviews, will be displayed on the Service and viewable by other users. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of the other users.
We take reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including reasonable encryption and cyber security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, the foregoing does not restrict, limit, or supersede the warranties and disclaimers in the EULA.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
When you use any of our Service, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask each individual User to identify himself or herself and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Barfrog does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with consent to do so.
We comply with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information.
When we receive formal written complaints, it is our policy to contact the complaining User regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Barfrog and one or more individual Users.